Home

Tuesday 12 July 2011




















What a fantastic few days I've had. It all started on Sunday when I took Freddie for a trek through Penn Woods. We were out for two and a half hours. Walking at a steady pace of 4.3mph, I thought this would be excellent training for the Ridgeway walk. I took loads of photos only because it's amazing what you miss out on if you're sitting in front of the TV with a cuppa and a packet of biscuits. Take a look at these pics and just for fun, see how many times you spot Freddie. The winner will get a prize.





If you're going for a long hike off-road, just make sure you've got the right footwear. A good walking boot with ankle support is best (see pic).


Did you spot the red kites and the ducklings? I came home feeling so envigorated and ready for action. So what did I do?
The ironing!!!


Someone's got to do it I suppose.


On Monday I did another hour and a half in Black Park. It really is wonderful
to have these things on the doorstep.

Last night I went into London to attend an awards ceremony for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. This charity is very dear to me as my eldest has diabetes. I raised nearly £3000 for them when I climbed Kilimanjaro earlier this year.


Well you can imagine my surprise when they announced that I had won "Fundraiser of the Year" award. I certainly wasn't expecting to win anything. I just thought they'd invited me to say thanks for my support. I'm planning on doing the 300K cycle ride from London to Paris in June next year for the same charity. You read about it here first.

























































































































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)