Home

Monday 4 July 2011

Training begins for walk along Chiltern Ridgeway










My next event is looming and it's time to get my walking boots on again to train for the 87 mile Chiltern Ridgeway walk. I haven't worn my boots since returning from Kilimanjaro in January 2011 so it's really important to wear them in so I minimise the risk of blisters.







On 15th August myself and two others will drive to Overton Hill near Avebury from where we will set off on the first leg of our three day walk. On the first day we plan to walk 24.5 miles and we'll end up in a little village near Wantage.


The best way to train for this is to go for long walks with a day pack strapped to my back (preferably with weights in it). With Freddie - my two year old cockerpoo - for company, I will be walking in all my usual places as well as discovering some new tracks too. It's best to go off-road as this is the kind of rough terrain that we'll be walking on.



I had a lovely sunny walk this morning with Freddie round Denham Country Park. At only three miles long, I'll need to increase the mileage by the end of the week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)