Home

Thursday 7 July 2011

Another Amazing Thursday

It's been another amazing Thursday. My super slimmer has lost another 3.5 lbs this week taking her ever closer to a loss of 3 stone. My other super slimmer is away on holiday but I have it on reliable authority that she is walking every day which is brilliant.

Speaking of holidays, I'm going off on my hols next week and my trainers will definitely be in my suitcase. I've become such a bad sleeper that nowadays I tend to wake at 6.30am no matter what time I've been to bed the night before. As a result, I usually sneak out of bed and grab my exercise kit and trainers and I'll get in a power walk before breakfast. It's truly the best time of day to walk because the sun is just coming up and there are no cars on the road yet. It's not too hot and if you are by a pool or the sea, you can go for a swim on your return (and get your towels on some sunbeds before everyone else!).

Holidays are always a tempting time for people. If alcohol is your thing it's best to have a strategy in place before you go away. Of course you want to enjoy yourself, but do you really want to gain 7lbs in a fortnight? The problem with alcohol is that it converts to sugar as soon as you drink it. Add that to the fruit juice/syrup that they put into cocktails and your little drink becomes a calorie laden nightmare. The best strategy is to decide before you go out exactly how much you want to drink (red wine is best as it also contains anti-oxidants) and stick to that number only. Also do you HAVE to drink every night? Try spacing it out.

There'll be more holiday tips as we head towards the school hols but in the meantime, you might want to think about increasing your walk time and adding in a few hills if you want to look great in your swimwear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)