Home

Tuesday 12 June 2012

London to Paris Cycle Ride

Three days to go until I start my London to Paris cycle ride in aid of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I'm nervous, excited, apprehensive, prepared (I think) and a little bit scared.

I've checked the weather forecast and it's not good but I'm not going to let that put me off! A bit of rain couldn't dampen the Royal Philharmonic singers and it's not going to discourage me either.

A parcel arrived in the post today from www.wiggle.co.uk which contained some last minutes wardrobe bits and pieces. I've had to return the all-in-one cycle shorts with bib as I just can't see how I'm going to get out of them quickly enough when I need to use the "facilities"!

However, my padded capri pants in figure-hugging lycra are just the ticket as are the sleeves which I can use when it's cold in the mornings. The good thing about these is that I can take them off and roll them up and still have a top on so no flashes on the side of the road. I also have some rehydration tablets which are a must when exercising for more than an hour. As I plan to be cycling for about 8 hours each day, I will be going through lots of fluid.

I went up to Waitrose today and selected my sweet treats for when I need a sugar rush. I bought wine gums and some cereal bars. If you have any other suggestions for what's good on the move, please do let me know.

Tomorrow I will start getting all my kit out ready to pack on Thursday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)