Home

Thursday 14 June 2012

The coundown begins!

At this very moment, my body is buzzing!  I feel like I've downed 4 cups of strong fresh coffee but I haven't.  What I'm experiencing is a massive adrenalin rush as I pack my bags for tomorrow's challenge.  It's a bit disconcerting but at the same time it's good cos I'll need it when I set off tomorrow.  


So what have I packed?  Well the obvious things like cycle shorts/capri pants, cycle tops, helmet, gloves and cycle shoes (all essential equipment).  Rehydration tablets, high energy snacks, and wine gums are also included for an quick energy boost.  But there are some items that you wouldn't expect such as arm-warmers, let-warmers and rubberised socks are some of the more unusual things included in my bag.  The plan is that I leave in my capri pants (padded of course) with short sleeves tops on and the arm warmers.  If I get too hot at least I can peal off my sleeves and carry on.


And what about the rubberised socks?  Well if it's raining, I'll be wearing those as my cycle shoes have got air holes in them and I don't want my feet to get wet!!


This cycling malarky is not sexy stuff but then it's not about how I look is it? All the gear, no idea springs to mind and I'm definitely not in that category.


I must go and finish my packing and I also need to check out where we're meeting in the morning.


Adieu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)